Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Meet the "Voice of THOMAS JEFFERSON"



Introducing James Brinkley

Thomas Jefferson-From Boy to Man is a biographical/autobiographical and historically accurate account of Thomas Jefferson's first 31 years of life... his journey to manhood.

It still amazes me how fortunate I was to find James Brinkley to read as Thomas Jefferson in my newly released audio book, Thomas Jefferson-From Boy to Man!

James Brinkley is a gifted and multi-talented actor and producer. When I began my search for voice actors, I googled! Up came a sight. I listened to over 50 voice actors with British accents and read about their various voice abilities. I selected two men and emailed them both. James answered my email within 24 hours. This was truly a God thing!  We spoke on the phone, to find out that he lives and works in Los Angeles. We got along very well from the first conversation. He sent me links to 8 of his most recent television commercials. All the commercials were of James acting as Thomas Jefferson, in the presence of two other founding fathers...an advertisement for a Bank in LA. If this was not a sign! We agreed to work together immediately... February 2015.

Every week, I would send him a chapter. He would send me the file, I'd listen to it, and send it back with corrections, requests, etc.  It took approx 1 week to nail down 1-2 chapters. What a professional! He took instruction so well, never a complaint, and believe me, I am a perfectionist!

We were about 1/2 way through when James suggested that his son could read as the college-age Jefferson. I was shocked! Sixteen year old Alexander has a British accent, and his voice is a younger version of his father! Then, as amazing as that was, James offered the talents of his wife, Eun-Mee, who is a concert violinist, and works on Hollywood film scores for some of the most popular name movies. I was "over the top" excited! Eun-Mee plays all the violin music in the audio, as well as accompanies James as he sings a Psalm at the end of Chapter 34.

As we neared the end of production, James called me with incredible news, that he originally kept from me. It seems that he is the descendant of the 12th century Berkeley family of Berkeley Castle, Gloucestershire, England, the oldest castle continuously owned and occupied by the Berkeley family. His descendant, Richard Berkeley, was one of the 38 settlers who sailed to Virginia from Bristol, England, landing on December 4, 1619, at what was then called Berkeley Hundred. These early settlers celebrated our country's first official Thanksgiving, 2 years and 17 days before the Mayflower Pilgrims celebrated their Thanksgiving at Plymouth, Massachusetts.  Sir William Berkeley, descendant of Richard Berkeley, was twice appointed by the King of England to be Lte. Governor for the capitol city of Virginia...Williamsburg (1641-1652 and 1660-1677)

I will meet James and his family this Fourth of July weekend, as they are visiting Charlottesville, VA. We will tour Monticello, and get to finally meet each other.  You cannot imagine how thrilling this is for us all! We will celebrate with a radio interview on July 4 and a "Meet and Greet" on July 5 in Charlottesville!

There is no book or audio book on the market today about this specific time period of Jefferson's life! You will truly enjoy hearing Thomas Jefferson reminisce about life growing up at Tuckahoe and Shadwell plantations, boarding school days, cherished seasons with his father Peter, life at the College of William and Mary, his first love, law apprenticeship and practice, family, friends, fire, earthquakes, floods, deaths, and much more...

Follow me on:
Twitter  www.twitter.com/@jaynesbooks
Facebook  www.facebook.com/ThomasJeffersonFromBoyToMan?ref=hl
Linkedin  www.linkedin.com/in/jayne-dalessandro-cox-bb616216/

6-disc Audio Book, Thomas Jefferson-From Boy to Man, now available: to purchase:

Read about Thomas Jefferson's youth and journey to manhood in my soft-cover book, Thomas Jefferson-From Boy to Man.    $23.99   To purchase, visit:

                                       www.jaynedalessandrocox.com

.

No comments:

Post a Comment